Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Armitage 508 posts 2077 karma points
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 08:57
    David Armitage

Umbraco Macro Caching Duration Issue

Hi,

Since update to Umbraco 7.6.3 my pages seem to be loading much slower. I'm pretty sure it's related but wouldn't know for sure without rolling back to the Old version and testing more. If anyone has experienced any similar issues please let me know.

Anyway this got me looking further into Umbraco caching. I implemented the standard Umbraco Macro caching on various macros and this seems to work ok apart from the Cache Duration.

Whatever number I set doesn't seem to be working. For example if I set 300 seconds the cache resets way before this number. More like 20/30 seconds. This is also the same if I set 3000, 10000 seconds.

It almost feels like there is some sort of page caching happening which lasts about 30 seconds. When this is expired it seems to also be re-loading the macros which should have a longer cache expiration.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is my website URL. As you can see the page load time is terrible. https://sales.careers/

Kind Regards

David

• David Armitage 508 posts 2077 karma points
    Jun 26, 2017 @ 08:38
    David Armitage

Hi,

I can confirm this issue was down to the update.

I updated from Umbraco 7.5.3 to 7.6.3 and the speed of all page loads had been drastically increased.

The backend seemed to run just as smooth but all my frontend pages seemed to be taking ages to loads. Especially when there was razor script loading data from the umbraco content nodes (macro partials, partial views etc).

I made a backup so I ran both sites 7.5.3 and 7.6.3 at the same time to run some comparisons. It seemed that 7.6.3 loaded around 3/4 time slower. Page loads taking sometimes 20 seconds whereas 7.5.3 was around 5 seconds (using the same data & code (apart from the update)).

I can also confirm these was strange stuff. going on with the page caching with 7.6.3. It seemed to only cache pages for 5 seconds regardless of any settings.

I had to restore and move back to the old version. I think I will avoid these latest umbraco updates and maybe holdout for Umbraco 8..... Big Shame :(

Can anyone else report any similar issues?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft