Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• GabeLeRoy 13 posts 83 karma points
    Jul 17, 2017 @ 17:55
    GabeLeRoy

Hide in navigation with Starting and Ending Date

Hi, I'm a new DEV and I have recently started to used Umbraco. So, I have a job right now which is to add a Starting Date and a Ending Date to the Hide in Navigation property.

The goal would be to create and allow page to appear on the website automatically without requiring admin actions in the Umbraco Panel.

How can I do this and where should I start ? I know I will have to add things in my BD but what I really want to know is where in the code should I look for to change and allow such thing.

Thank you. I'm sorry if I sound like a newbie but I'm the first one where I work to use Umbraco so I don't have much experience with it.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 17, 2017 @ 18:01
    Dennis Aaen

Hi GabeLeRoy and welcome to the our.

The feature with allow page to appear on the website automatically and also unpublish it is there by default

Try to see this:

enter image description here

As you can see you have the option to publish the page at a specific date and time and the same goes for unpublish

Hope this helps to achieve what you are trying to do.

Best,

/Dennis

• GabeLeRoy 13 posts 83 karma points
    Jul 17, 2017 @ 18:08
    GabeLeRoy

I was already aware of that but here is the problem. The client really only wants the navigation to be affected and not the page publishing. The reason is, the client would like to share the page with certain people even though it is impossible to find it on the website. That way, he can share the URL and have his page reviewed with other people who don't necessary have access to the admin panel.

Additionally, I believe he has a Facebook group and such a feature would allow Facebook user to actually have access to the page even before it is un-hidden on the website.

I hope you are following me. I know the admin could just go back in his panel to toggle the Hide In Navigation but he would like to be able to automate those tasks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft