Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Jul 26, 2017 @ 10:05
    Gordon Saxby

Examine find results where 2 out of 3 fields match

I want to search the Umbraco Members to find records that match on at least 2 out of 3 fields.

For example, if I have FieldA, FieldB and FieldC - I want to create a search that supplies values for all 3 fields (but the value may be "") and I want to find records where at least 2 of those fields match the provided values.

Is this something that Examine can do natively, or do I need to do an "Or" search and find the "2 out of 3" matches myself?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 26, 2017 @ 11:12
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Gordon

It looks like you just need to change index configuration, just add your fields to Examine index, it should be enough for this functionality.

Thanks,

Alex

Jul 26, 2017 @ 11:59
    Gordon Saxby

Hi Alex,

the 3 fields are part of the index, that's not the problem. I want to return results where at least two of the fields match, or all three ... but not where just one matches.

So, where:

FieldA and FieldB

or FieldA and FieldC

or FieldB and FieldC

etc

I was wondering if the examine score would help me but it's value looks too complicated to figure out!

It would be good if I could have a "value" field that was "1" if only one field matched, "2" for two fields matching and "3" for three fields matching.

I was hoping that there was some way to do this with the Examine search, rather than having to get all the results back and filtering them using C#.

Jul 27, 2017 @ 11:18
    Gordon Saxby

OK, by testing with the query tool in Umbraco Developer section, I think I need a query like this:

(+FieldA:valueA +FieldC:valueC) (+FieldA:valueA +FieldB:valueB) (+FieldB:valueA +FieldC:valueC)

So - how do I create that with FluentAPI?!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft