Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Erwinvk 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 09:48
    Erwinvk
    0

    RJP.MultiUrlPicker: Failed to retrieve entity data for ids / Updating

    I have a problem with the RJP MultiUrlPicker (version 1.3.1 running on Umbraco 7.6.3). I get this on pages which use it:

    Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Failed to retrieve entity data for ids 1789,1718,1760,1619,1756,1626,1719,1773,1729,1761,1743,1702,1755,1742,1735,1710,1785,1717,1788,1711,1712,1780,1600,1621,1779,1744,1728,1745,1636,1648,1714,1754,1730,1746,1722,1597,1747,1598,1757,1684,1625
    

    However, the log shows me nothing.

    For this reason I've tried updating to the latest version of the MultiUrlPicker. However, as soon as I do that I get the following error:

    Sequence contains more than one matching element. This usually indicates that the content cache is corrupt; the content cache has been rebuilt in an attempt to self-fix the issue.
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedContent.InitializeNode(XmlNode xmlNode, Boolean legacy, Boolean isPreviewing, Int32& id, Guid& key, Int32& template, Int32& sortOrder, String& name, String& writerName, String& urlName, String& creatorName, Int32& creatorId, Int32& writerId, String& docTypeAlias, Int32& docTypeId, String& path, Guid& version, DateTime& createDate, DateTime& updateDate, Int32& level, Boolean& isDraft, PublishedContentType& contentType, Dictionary`2& properties, Func`3 getPublishedContentType)
    

    I can fix this by putting back the 'old' 1.3.1. DLL.

    I noticed the changelog says the upgrade to 7.6 is 'breaking', but I can't find a way to make this work.

    I'm kind of lost on this. Any help would be appreciated.

  • Alex Skrypnyk 4975 posts 18106 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 11:22
    Alex Skrypnyk
    0

    Hi Erwinvk

    Is your site running fine? I meant all other pages are working?

    Can you republish website and rebuild all indexes?

    Thanks,

    Alex

  • Erwinvk 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 11:37
    Erwinvk
    0

    Hi Alex,

    Yes, the site is running fine and working. How to I rebuild the indexes? I've flushed the cache.

    I also dug a little deeper:

    1. This problem only occurs when I have more than 2 items in the multiurlpicker

    2. On local I get this error when looking up the page in the CMS:

    .

    Multiple actions were found that match the request: 
     GetByIds on type Umbraco.Web.Editors.EntityController
     GetByIds on type Umbraco.Web.Editors.EntityController
     GetByIds on type Umbraco.Web.Editors.EntityController
    
    EXCEPTION DETAILS
    
    System.InvalidOperationException: Multiple actions were found that match the request: 
     GetByIds on type Umbraco.Web.Editors.EntityController
     GetByIds on type Umbraco.Web.Editors.EntityController
     GetByIds on type Umbraco.Web.Editors.EntityController
    
  • Alex Skrypnyk 4975 posts 18106 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 11:40
    Alex Skrypnyk
    0

    Hi Erwinvk

    Did you merge /config/trees.config file while upgrading solution?

    Remove everything from /AppData/TEMP, /AppData/cache and restart the site.

    Thanks,

    Alex

  • Erwinvk 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 11:45
    Erwinvk
    0

    Hi Alex,

    I don't remember merging trees.config.

    Clearing cache and restarting didn't work unfortunately.

    Thanks, Erwin

  • Alex Skrypnyk 4975 posts 18106 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 13:17
    Alex Skrypnyk
    0

    Try to compare trees.config from Umbraco 7.6.3 and yours.

  • Erwinvk 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 13:33
    Erwinvk
    0

    They are the same, except for some items under 'Custom'.

  • Alex Skrypnyk 4975 posts 18106 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 17, 2018 @ 20:19
    Alex Skrypnyk
    0

    Hi Erwinvk

    Did you solve the issue?

    Alex

  • Erwinvk 6 posts 76 karma points
    Oct 18, 2018 @ 10:58
    Erwinvk
    0

    Hi Alex,

    I think I have in the end, but I'm not sure how anymore.

    Solution might have been in Nuget package consolidation across a couple of projects...

    Thanks for the help and interest!

    Regards, Erwin

  • Nick Renny 31 posts 63 karma points
    28 days ago
    Nick Renny
    1

    The answer is, actually, to remove the package.manifest file in the app plugins folder.

  • Filipe Sousa 24 posts 135 karma points
    22 days ago
    Filipe Sousa
    0

    Removing the package.manifest from the \App_Plugins\RJP.MultiUrlPicker folder is what worked for me too.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft