Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aki 43 posts 214 karma points
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 11:17
    Aki

Url and misplaced content to allow access

hi all..

im having a problem with urls and Content placment

I have A content node that structures the data and a Page that should display that data.. some of the data is dublicate so 1 place to change it would be nice.

my Content structur is like this:

Content

page

content Link

content link2

page 2

content link

Link

link

data 1

data 2

data 3

link2

data 4

data 5

data 6

Page content should be accessible from the url where content dublicates exist.. /page/content-link/data1 and page2/content-link/data1 should be the same content ...

I have been looking at urlProvider but would like to know if im on the right path

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 11:30
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Aki

As perfectly described Dennis in this post - https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/80986-umbraco-7-redirect-internal-page#comment-258838

Try to use umbracoInternalRedirectId, create /page/content-link/data1 page and page2/content-link/data1 page with internal redirect to /page/content-link/data1. Will it work for you?

The umbracoInternalRedirectId property will not change the URL when it redirects, thereby leaving it /news-media. If you want the URL to change to /news-media/news, then use the umbracoRedirect alias instead, but still with a Content Picker.

Thanks,

Alex

• Aki 43 posts 214 karma points
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 12:48
    Aki

hi thanks for the reply..

if i understand correctly the example i need a content node for each page i want to redirect to ..

In my case i want a separate page to know on what path to show up. thus allow me to have multiple urls to point to the same document ..

i found "umbracoUrlAlias" thus allowing me to Add and remove Urls on Publish, move and delete events.. letting the data1 know when to show up..

But again thanks for the quick response

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft