Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave S 13 posts 77 karma points
    Aug 23, 2017 @ 14:33
    Dave S

Visual Studio Custom Umbraco Project Structure

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice and guidance from the Umbraco community please.

I've recently followed Kevin Giszewski's blog post on "Separate your concerns with a single core Umbraco install with many sites" and I have a question.

What's the recommended project structure for Umbraco in Visual Studio?

Would you recommend that we split out the core Umbraco site and customisations into their own web projects and merge them at build time (as Kevin suggests)? I can certainly see the benefits (smoother upgrade for one). However, I've tried this recently and having to make changes to the main folder then duplicate them gets annoying pretty quickly.

Some background, I used to work for an agency and we always had trouble upgrading sites with Umbraco when we'd done our customisations in the main web project, meaning they never got upgraded, so I was wondering if there's a better way?

What approach do you take and why?

Thanks in advance and #h5yr

Dave

• Petr 14 posts 44 karma points
    Dec 20, 2019 @ 10:45
    Petr

I'm really sorry I don't know an answer. I've been trying to find it for quite long time. Please, if anyone knows of any understandable description (especially "why" - which means what the approach is intended for), it will be great. Thanks in advance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft