Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Aug 25, 2017 @ 14:28
    Neil Hodges

Add images to MediaPicker2 property programmatically using Umbraco 7.6.3 and new PropertyConverters

Hi

I need to create multiple images against a property in the content tree node. Previously you could save images into the image folder and concat the Id's into a string and then pass that string to SetValue for a MediaPicker.

Now we have the new MediaPicker2 and the use of udis how do I programmatically create images for the MediaPicker2??

Previously I did something akin to this:

var gallerySavedPics = "";
                                    if (model.GalleryPics != null && model.GalleryPics.Count > 0)
                                    {
                                        var mediaService = Services.MediaService;

foreach (var pic in model.GalleryPics.Where(p=> p!= null))
                                        {
                                            var media = mediaService.CreateMedia(pic.FileName, 2221, "Image");
                                            mediaService.Save(media);
                                            media.SetValue("umbracoFile", pic);

mediaService.Save(media);
                                            gallerySavedPics += media.Id + ",";
                                        }

if (gallerySavedPics != "")
                                        {
                                            createdForSale.SetValue("classifiedPictures", gallerySavedPics);
                                        }
                                    }

But this wont work now as I know that passing a string of Id's will not work for MediaPicker2

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2017 @ 15:41
    Dan Diplo

You need to use a comma-separated list of UIDs, which are basically GUIDs with a prefix. So you would save something like this as your value:

umb://document/a2493a1ab5a2459dbe4d7fddbd7764fd,umb://document/e84a976068654503a90d2eed44ac266f,umb://document/46c0a1a3b5c849ebbc74248376f27a80

Have a look at this post I made to give you some pointers:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/extending-umbraco-and-using-the-api/85761-setting-the-value-of-multinodetreepicker2-programatically#comment-273131

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft