Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michaela 8 posts 78 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 08:37
    Michaela

Move ScriptResource.axd to sub directory

Hi!

I got a problem at our customer where their firewall is blocking ScriptResource.axd, and in order to unlock it we need to move it to a subdirectory, as in this case I would like to move it to the /umbraco directory.

Looking at the web.config file I have a total of 3 occurrences where it occur.

Under <system.web><httpHandlers> I have this line: <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="umbraco/ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />

Under <system.webserver><handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute"> I got this line: <remove name="ScriptResource" /> (To make sure that it's only GET and HEAD) and this line: <add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" path="umbraco/ScriptResource.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> (Because who doesnt need it twice?)

It still tries to fetch ScriptResource.axd from the root. I have also modified the IIS handler mappings for ScriptResourceIntegrated-4.0 from '*ScriptResource.axd' to 'umbraco/ScriptResource.axd' just to make sure that I don't have any weird inheritance stuff going on.

I have also tried to change path="~/scriptresource.axd" because that would to, since this problem only occur in the umbraco backend.

I've also tried using urlMappings. The next thing I see being possible is probably URL Rewrite, but I think that is a bit far fetched and would complicate the deployment unnecessary if there's any other ways to do this. Google and this forum contains a lot of 404's but none that actually need to move their ScriptResource.axd.

Anyone here that is awesome enough and have tread this path before and can help?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft