Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michele 10 posts 90 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 10:42
    Michele

REST Api and Windows Authentication

We are using Umbraco in an Intranet context (using Windows authentication) and we'd like to query Umbraco content (mainly news) to be shown on a different web platform.

I found the excellent Umbraco REST Api project (https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoRestApi), which is ideal because it avoids me to write a custom REST layer, the problem though is that the REST Api is secured only against backoffice users.

The official documentation says:

Currently the REST API is secured based on back office user logins. In the future this will be enabled for front-end member logins and we'll allow for an easy approach for configuring the security during startup/configuration of the REST API.

This would be ideal for my case, using front-end members. But I can see that the code has been untouched for almost- two years, so clearly this is not a priority.

Is there any way to achieve this goal? I wouldn't mind having to amend the original code, but I don't know where to start. Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks, M

• Paul McCarthy 39 posts 160 karma points
    Apr 16, 2018 @ 13:32
    Paul McCarthy

Can I echo this comment? Is there any plan to implement authentication for front-end members in the near future? Would be really useful for a few projects we have on the go at the moment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft