Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pbl_dk 150 posts 551 karma points
    Sep 10, 2017 @ 09:49
    pbl_dk

UmbracoHelper - find all pages with attribute

Hi There.

I am trying to find all nodes which contains the property "documentChooser", with the umbracohelper. But I cannot find any equivalent to "currentpage.site". How is that done.?

'UmbracoHelper' does not contain a definition for 'Site' and no extension method 'Site'

public ContentResult PostMeNow()
      {
       var umbracoHelper = new Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper(Umbraco.Web.UmbracoContext.Current);
    var _site = umbracoHelper.Site()...   <-- Error message
    'UmbracoHelper' does not contain a definition for 'Site' and no extension method 'Site'

foreach(var child in _site {
        if (child.documentChooser.Url)
        {
        ///
        }
      }
    return ....
    }

• Ayo Adesina 445 posts 1058 karma points
    Sep 10, 2017 @ 10:52
    Ayo Adesina

Do you have one site in you Umbraco installation or do you have more than one?

If you only have one I'm guessing......you what you want to do is get a list of all nodes that have a particular property?

This will give you the root node.

var umbracoContext = Umbraco.Web.UmbracoContext.Current;
    var umbracoHelper = new Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper(umbracoContext);
    rootnode = umbracoHelper.TypedContentAtRoot();

Then you can look for all nodes that are of a given document type (the document type that has the property your looking for)

like this:

var nodesyouwant = rootnode.Where(x => x.DocumentTypeAlias == "yourDocTypeAliasHere");

hope that helps. Ayo

• Bo Jacobsen 604 posts 2402 karma points
    Sep 10, 2017 @ 11:33
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi.

I think i know what you trying to do.

UmbracoHelper umbracoHelper = new UmbracoHelper(UmbracoContext.Current);

List<IPublishedContent> listOfNodeWithProperty = new List<IPublishedContent>();

IEnumerable<IPublishedContent> rootNodes = umbracoHelper.TypedContentAtRoot();
    foreach(IPublishedContent rootNode in rootNodes)
    {
        listOfNodeWithProperty.AddRange(rootNode.Descendants().Where(x => x.HasProperty("propertyAlias")));
    }

return listOfNodeWithProperty;

• pbl_dk 150 posts 551 karma points
    Sep 10, 2017 @ 12:20
    pbl_dk

Thanks guys! I got what I needed, a list of media-urls from the media picker on the node. I trying to test the url up against the IHttpHandler Context, so I can prevent someone to download a PDF which is extranet protected, under a specific extranet page. Not all pdfs on the solution, should be protected, so I needed some way to find the urls for the protected PDFs only. This was the last code I needed :-)

var umbracoHelper = new Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper(Umbraco.Web.UmbracoContext.Current);
       string _childrenName = "";
       string _childrenID = "";

List<IPublishedContent> listOfNodeWithProperty = new List<IPublishedContent>();

IEnumerable<IPublishedContent> rootNodes = umbracoHelper.TypedContentAtRoot();
       foreach (IPublishedContent rootNode in rootNodes)
       {
        listOfNodeWithProperty.AddRange(rootNode.Descendants().Where(x => x.HasProperty("documentChooser")));
       }

foreach (var child in listOfNodeWithProperty)
       {
        _childrenID = child.GetPropertyValue("documentChooser").ToString();
        var media = umbracoHelper.TypedMedia(_childrenID);
        _childrenName += "/  " + media.Url();
       }
       return Content(_childrenName);

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft