Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Sep 13, 2017 @ 14:17
    Anders Brohäll

Content Picker with nodes outside allowed Contents?

Is it somehow possible to allow access to a part of the site (Content) that isn't in the allowed branch for a User?

Content
    - Site 
    -- Branch A
    -- Branch B

A User has access to Branch A (Start Node in Content set in the Users-section), but want's to pick content from Branch B.

When using the Multinode Treepicker with a set start node when Content is selected as type, the User cannot see the content outside Branch A. Naturally.

Can i override it? How?

I found the Multiple Start Nodes Package, https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/multiple-start-nodes/. However, that package allows the User to edit from all nodes the User has access to. I just want the user to be able to select Content from hidden nodes.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Sep 13, 2017 @ 14:30
    Anders Brohäll

For future reference.

Was a little trigger happy there..

The Multiple Start Nodes Package solved it for me. However, the key was not setting Start Node in Content, but solely relying on the package. Setting the Users start node to Branch A, and adjusting the LimitPickersToStartNodes to false in Config/MultipleStartNodes.config, made the Multinode TreePicker work out of the box.

Succes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft