Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicole Polet 50 posts 202 karma points
    Sep 14, 2017 @ 17:23
    Nicole Polet

Media picker and other panels not opening properly

I'm hoping someone can help me problem-solve this one as I don't even know where to start in looking for the solution!

I have Doctype Grid Editor installed and many of my doctypes that are being used in the grid include rich text editors. The problem I am having is that when I click any button in the RTE that should open a panel (like the media picker) nothing happens.

The other odd thing is that I can get the panels to open by clicking first on the button, then somewhere within the RTE area, then somewhere outside of the RTE. (see image below)

enter image description here

Here's some extra info:

1. There are no console errors when I click on the RTE buttons
    2. This problem is only present in RTE's which are in the DocType Grid Editor panel (see image above), it is not a problem in RTE's which are simply in a page doctype or even within the default Umbraco grid.
    3. There are no errors in UmbracoTraceLog

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

• Andrei 68 posts 130 karma points
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 16:02
    Andrei

Having the same problem with rte in grid components after upgrade to 7.6.6 from7.2.4. For example, I have a grid component called ThreeColumnsTeaser that contains 3 text fields which are edited via rte - with the angular directive that embeds rte in the grid components:

<div unique-id="control.$uniqueId   value="control.value.rte1" grid-rte configuration="config"></div>

This used to work fine in 7.2, but now some buttons in the rte are not working anymore (media picker, insert macro, link picker, image and others). Console shows no errors. Any ideas?

• Andrei 68 posts 130 karma points
    Sep 21, 2017 @ 13:36
    Andrei

I can see that the grid-rte directive has been rewritten and in the new version the picker buttons are not bound to anything: new directive

so they need some binding to dialogService. I've been trying to bind them, but with not much luck yet. Is this a bug? or a feature..?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft