Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Sep 18, 2017 @ 21:09
    Kieron McIntyre

"Unknown provider: n from umbraco" issue

Locally and on staging (Azure App Service) my Umbraco v7.6.5 site is working fine but in production (also Azure App Service) I cannot log into Umbraco as the login screen is blank and I get the following error:

enter image description here

Given that the sites work in two of the the three configurations, I assume it is a configuration issue but I've compare all the configuration files and they are fine. Also the Azure configuration seems fine too - both staging and production sites run as expected.

What would cause this error? Is this a Web API failing somewhere? Any help would be much appreciated.

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    Sep 18, 2017 @ 23:13
    Craig Mayers

Hi Kieron,

Have you copied the App_Data folder for this site from one of the other sites?

If so, can you try deleting the TEMP folder in App_Data Then recycle the AppService in Azure and try again.

Let me know how it goes.

Craig

Sep 22, 2017 @ 13:16
    Kieron McIntyre

No luck there I'm afraid, I've redeployed the site entirely, App_Data and all and there's no change. I set debugging to true and got the following which still isn't much help:

enter image description here

Obviously something to with Angular not recognising something but I have no idea what. Anyone any ideas?

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    Sep 22, 2017 @ 13:40
    Craig Mayers

Hi Kieron,

Do you have any custom datatypes OR sections?

Also, have you done a diff on your local (to compare with the problematic site)? Maybe something has not been uploaded... I tend to use BeyondComapre OR WinMerge for diffs

Craig

Sep 22, 2017 @ 14:01
    Kieron McIntyre

Yes to the datatypes but I would have expected these to have caused the same issue locally and on staging.

I have actually used WinMerge on all the config files which would have transforms applied to them and they're all as expected.

I have just deployed the site to a new Azure app service instance and that is working fine. I haven't applied a custom domain on to it yet, so that may be the issue but I'll update here as I get news.

Oct 03, 2017 @ 08:08
    Kieron McIntyre

Still no idea what caused this but created a new Azure app service and redeployed to this and everything worked fine.

So the configuration was presumably ok but maybe a rogue file was present or maybe something missing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft