Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Sep 25, 2017 @ 10:59
    Tom Engan

Bootstrap Tab inside Rich Text Editor,

Anyone who has used Bootstrap Tab inside the RTE (Rich Text Editor) and knows how to implement this as easily as possible? This does this work fine with LeBlender, but now I wish there is a simpler addition to Rich Text Editor instead.enter image description here

• Nigel Wilson 945 posts 2077 karma points
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 18:43
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Tom

Personally I'd be avoiding integrating external functionality within the RTE.

My approach would be to have separate RTE's for each tab of content (if this is an option) and then let your View (or Partial view) do the donkey work of outputting the content in tabs.

I might be missing your point, but thought I'd mention it just in case it is an alternative solution.

Cheers

Nigel

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 21:53
    Nathan Woulfe

We achieve this using some custom markdown in the RTE, which is then parsed by a filter before the page renders:

[tab Tab title] tab content [/tab] [tab Another tab] content on tab 2 [/tab]

• Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Sep 29, 2017 @ 09:32
    Tom Engan

I have two website solutions with tabs where I use LeBlender, one of which works perfectly well with a list of div-tags (and tables), while I had big challenges with the other. I gained this by using the display: flex for div-tags, so the need for integration of tabs directly in RTE is now less than it was. But the solution is still dependent on installing an add-on (LeBlender).

But if anyone has more details about how this can be done and which files this modification deals with, I'm grateful if anyone shares their solution with more details (I suppose at least tinyMceConfig.config needs to be modified).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft