Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Melvin Chew 10 posts 89 karma points
    Oct 04, 2017 @ 03:40
    Melvin Chew

Umbraco's Restful API queries

Hi Guys,

Im planning to use Umbraco as a CMS for a mobile application. Non-Technical Users are suppose to utilize Umbraco to add contents to the mobile application.

Currently, I have created a few Document types such as Events, News and People. The "People" Document type is suppose to be holding all the personal details of the user accessing the Mobile application. However I noted that for Umbraco's Restful API, it requires authentication of a "User" that is created in the "User Section" and not a Document Type. (Question 1) If I do not require authentication on Umbraco's Login, is it still possible to utilize the full Umbraco's Restful API?

I will be using liasing with my Company's IT division to use the company's Log in for this app. The Mobile Application will utilize my company's login to authenticate the person, after a successful authentication using the company's email I would require to create a new Content of "People" document type directly into the CMS database. (Question 2) is it possible to create a new content of "People" Document Type via code into the CMS database via Umbraco's Restful API. (Question 3) Can i utilize the Umbraco's Restful API to make changes to certain content that has already been created in the CMS database?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft