Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Cullen 137 posts 237 karma points
    Oct 08, 2017 @ 00:42
    Andrew Cullen

Using Google Groups with Umbraco members

My son's boy scout troop currently has a site built using Google Sites, and I would love to move them over to Umbraco. The first issue is that the vast majority of the site will only be available to authenticated members. The troop already has an active Google Group, and I would love to use membership in that group to determine if a user has access. (I'd also like to still leverage other Google features - calendar, drive, etc, but that's another issue.) Any thoughts on how / where to start?

Thanks!

• Phil Atkinson 51 posts 244 karma points
    Oct 09, 2017 @ 07:28
    Phil Atkinson

you'll have to create your own backOfficeMembershipProvider to authenticate with google

Oct 10, 2017 @ 18:49
    Andrew Cullen

Thanks, Phil,

Just to be clear, I'm talking about logging in to the front-end, not the back end...

• Phil Atkinson 51 posts 244 karma points
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 08:05
    Phil Atkinson

ah ok, so you front end users will not be back office authenticated - just authenticated in another manor?

Oct 11, 2017 @ 12:25
    Andrew Cullen

Yup. Ideally, we'd use membership in the troop's Google Group to determine if users are allowed to view the members part of the front end site.

Apr 24, 2018 @ 03:43
    Andrew Cullen

Was revisiting this issue tonight, so I want to bump this thread. Any thoughts on how to use google Group membership to control access to the umbraco front end?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft