Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke 11 posts 91 karma points
    Nov 28, 2017 @ 15:29
    Luke

Backoffice login with both AD and Umbraco

Hello,

I am trying to extend our Umbraco 'starterkit' so that we don't have to create Umbraco users for the people working here per customer we manage a website for.

I'm trying to do this so it's least confusing to our customers too so I want to enable logging in through the standard umbraco login form.

Currently I have this working but the only drawback is that we still need to create an Umbraco user in the backoffice for it to work. This is because I think the login form first checks if a user by that name exists in the backoffice before actually checking the credentials and such.

Is there a way for me to find out where this is being done? (I have an idea that it might be Umbraco.Web.Security.UserService.Exists() but I cannot override parts of that class and writing a completely new one seems unnecessary.

I have already written a custom UsersMembershipProvider but the GetUser methods in there only get called after the authentication has happened.

Authentication happens in the class that overrides the CheckPasswordAsync in Umbraco.Core.Security.IBackOfficeUserPasswordChecker

If there is an easier way to do this without confusing the customer Users or I'm just missing something, please let me know. I'm still fairly new to Umbraco. I'd be happy to supply code if needed!

Luke

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft