Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jakob Kristensen 36 posts 169 karma points
    Dec 20, 2017 @ 15:13
    Jakob Kristensen

Angular submit in custom section posts twice

Hello guys/gals

Im having issues with angular in the backend while making a custom section, so far ive got a controller and whenever i submit a form on the page it double posts?

i am suspecting i am having multiple controllers spawned after reading this post about double submits: http://www.saintsatplay.com/blog/2015/06/resolving-angularjs-executing-controller-twice-issue#.Wjp2dN-nFaQ

my controller looks like this (i do this to get my custommodules since i cant define them regularly in module("umbraco",['ui.sortable'])

var app = angular.module("umbraco");
    app.requires.push('ui.sortable');
    app.controller('Administration.CaseDetailController', function ($scope, administrationResources, notificationsService, $routeParams, $http) {
    });

and my html:

<umb-panel ng-controller="Administration.CaseDetailController"></umb-panel>

So my question is if i cant define the controller inside html anymore how will i go about routing this, or maybe there is another way, anyone tried anything like this?

And yes i use a regular button with an ng-submit tag going to create case, this was working before i needed a custom module for sorting..

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Dec 21, 2017 @ 15:38
    Alex Brown

Have you got any other buttons in the form other than submit? Such as a "clear" button or "back" etc.

I've used custom sections before and had two buttons in a form, one of which didn't specify the type of button. I had to add the type="button" attribute to my delete button so that it didn't post when my submit button did.

Dec 22, 2017 @ 13:14
    Jakob Kristensen

I did have an extra i removed all the buttons extra as per the article i sent, it would do the same thing so with no extra buttons its still double posting hence why i was thinking it might be posted double, i also tried to stop the event from going through a second time with a bool and still went through which indicates there is 2 controllers.

Dec 27, 2017 @ 09:18
    Jakob Kristensen

So apparantly this wasnt angular but an issue in my controller that would retry, so no extra controllers added :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft