Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• charlie black 33 posts 106 karma points
    Dec 20, 2017 @ 23:25
    charlie black

running umbraco from within asp.net mvc web app without web.config roleManager

We developed a asp.net mvc app that run "over" umbraco - our day-to-day users should not know umbraco is there. We originally developed this with umbraco 4.7 ( and are now in the process of upgrading to 7.5.6). The

System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: The Role Manager feature has not been enabled. STACKTRACE

at System.Web.Security.Roles.EnsureEnabled() at System.Web.Security.Roles.getProvider() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.IsUsingUmbracoRoles() at umbraco.loadMemberGroups.CreateRootNode(XmlTreeNode& rootNode) at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.CreateRootNode() at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.Initialize() at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.getRootNode() at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryGetRootXmlNodeFromLegacyTree(ApplicationTree appTree, FormDataCollection formCollection, UrlHelper urlHelper) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryGetRootNodeFromLegacyTree(ApplicationTree appTree, FormDataCollection formCollection, UrlHelper urlHelper, String currentSection) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.

In version 7.5.6, you now see this exception in a small window displayed on the right-hand side.

You can still just ignore it and go on. THe alternatives are to put the

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 21, 2017 @ 15:57
    Damiaan

The preferred way, and what we would do is implement a custom MembershipProvider and RoleProvider which connects to you own system to handle users.

Alternatively, (and a wild guess) because your exception contains a "ApplicationTreeController" I guess you still have the section in your applications. Just remove the application and the trees from your config files.

Hope it helps Kind regards

Dec 21, 2017 @ 17:08
    charlie black

Damiaan-

I am not that knowledgable about configuring umbraco, but I think I removed the add alias="member ... from applications.config but when I restart our app and (eventually log back in to the backoffice ) some process has magically restored that add alias="member" node.

Is this what you mean by "Just remove the application...from your config files."

Can you point out what I am doing wrong?

I would really appreciate it.

Dec 22, 2017 @ 00:18
    charlie black

Seems like you have to go into the umbraco db, and find all rows in the table umbracoUser2app with app = 'member' and remove them. If you do that, then umbraco will be sure to keep that section hidden when you log into backoffice.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft