Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• zib95b 14 posts 93 karma points
    Jan 15, 2018 @ 10:30
    zib95b

New column in related links property editor

I have set up a custom document type Links Section which has a Related Links property editor.

To this editor, I want to add an icon field, so links display with a font awesome icon. How can I achieve this? Could I have some example code to get me started please?

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jan 15, 2018 @ 10:46
    Harry Spyrou

If I understand correctly, you're looking for something like this?

Font-awesome icons

Jan 15, 2018 @ 10:48
    zib95b

I'm looking for answers on how to add a new column with an image picker into built in Related Links property type.

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jan 15, 2018 @ 10:53
    Harry Spyrou

Would you mind showing us how your Umbraco backoffice looks like and part of your code? Or a screenshot of what you want to do exactly? It's hard to tell right now.

Jan 15, 2018 @ 10:56
    zib95b

Excuse me for the shoddy drawing on the screenshot :)

Links Section is a document type. Related Links is a property editor. I want to add an Image to the Related Links property editor. Hope that makes sense.

enter image description here

Jan 15, 2018 @ 10:57
    zib95b

Excuse the shoddy drawing on the screenshot :)

Links Section is a document type. Related Links is a property editor. I want to add an image picker where the blue text is, so then I can reference it in a template and display it dynamically.

enter image description here

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 15, 2018 @ 12:52
    Dan Diplo

I'd probably used Nested Content to achieve this rather than trying to hack the related links editor.

You can add whatever fields you like, so you'd add a content (or link picker), an image field, a caption etc.

If you are using a very recent version of Umbraco 7.7.x then it should be built in, otherwise you can install it as a package.

See https://github.com/umco/umbraco-nested-content/blob/develop/docs/developers-guide.md

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft