Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Jan 18, 2018 @ 22:01
    John Bergman

GetCropUrl blurry image quality issue - suggestions needed on how to correct (live site)

Our content department is complaining that our images when being cropped are somewhat fuzzy.

All of the calls to do the cropping use something like this

finderImageUrl = thisContent.finderImage.GetCropUrl(cropAlias: "poster");

Where "poster" has a size of 400x300

I went through and checked all of the images have a focal point in the center for this example and are at least 800x400 jpegs.

The rendered output has the correct dimensions, but the resulting images appear to be fuzzy - so I played around with the various cropper images and tried this:

Setting quality explicitly to 100 has no effect.

finderImageUrl = thisContent.finderImage.GetCropUrl(cropAlias: "poster", upScale: false)

apparently setting upscale to false turns off the cropper, because the resulting url no longer had the dimenions, but the images are all clear. This leads me to believe that the cropper is somehow trying to maintain some sort of aspect ratio of the origianl image or something.

I am out of options and need some sort of resolution for this because our site is full of rich content, but all of the imagery many of the pages is blurry.

An example of the blurry images can be seen here: http://www.upventur.com/hubs/blog

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

• Mark 91 posts -18 karma points
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 17:31
    Mark

Are you talking about the banner image?

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 18:37
    John Bergman

The image on the Gear panel specifically.

Last night I installed slimsy in the hopes of making things better, and while the implementation you see here is better, it is still troublesome that the cropper does this.

If you like, I can put up another page with the two images side by side to demonstrate what I am talking about directly.

(The content team is working on better imagery for several of the mastheads)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft