Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pranjal 75 posts 188 karma points
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 09:23
    pranjal

Access umbraco Content in Surface Controller

How to access content data in Umbraco Surface controller. I want to access the content data in surface controller

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 09:24
    Damiaan

Just use

var content = Umbraco.TypedContent(idOfTheNode);

Hope this helps

• pranjal 75 posts 188 karma points
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 09:26
    pranjal

In my case i have a blog section in which listview of blogs is generated now i want to get all blog list and data in surface controller so i will add my custom logic there.

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 09:34
    Damiaan

Most of the time, a SurfaceController is used for rendering MVC Child Actions and for handling form data submissions.

If you do the listview as a child action you could use a SurfaceController. Other ways would be a simple partial, just a template when passing in the model with a custom RenderMvcController or a Macro.

Good luck with it!

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 13:25
    Dan Diplo

I'd agree with Damiaan - sounds like you need a RenderMvcController rather than a SurfaceController.

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Jan 20, 2018 @ 04:27
    John Bergman

If there is a compelling reason to use a surface controller, (we have had a couple of cases), you need to pass the page Id into the method that does the rendering or have a way to determine what the page id is of the document you want to render.

I agree with the others though, generally speaking a RenderMvcController seems like the way to go.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft