Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michele 10 posts 90 karma points
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 11:24
    Michele

Examine: this indexReader is already closed

Hi, I upgraded my Umbraco instance from v7.5.6 to v.7.7.8 using the NuGet Update-Package.

I verified and merged all the config files and, at a first glance everything seemed to work good, but now when trying to leverage Examine I get an exception:

Lucene.Net.Store.AlreadyClosedException; this IndexReader is closed

I can't find anything useful and of course, before the upgrade, I had no problem whatsoever.

Here is the stack trace when I try to run a query through the UI in the backoffice:

at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.EnsureOpen()
       at Lucene.Net.Index.DirectoryReader.GetFieldNames(FieldOption fieldNames)
       at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher.GetSearchFields() in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneSearcher.cs:line 248
       at UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher.GetSearchFields()
       at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.BaseLuceneSearcher.CreateSearchCriteria(String type, BooleanOperation defaultOperation) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\BaseLuceneSearcher.cs:line 117
       at UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher.CreateSearchCriteria(String type, BooleanOperation defaultOperation)
       at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.BaseLuceneSearcher.CreateSearchCriteria() in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\BaseLuceneSearcher.cs:line 265
       at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.BaseLuceneSearcher.Search(String searchText, Boolean useWildcards) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\BaseLuceneSearcher.cs:line 132
       at Umbraco.Web.WebServices.ExamineManagementApiController.GetSearchResults(String searcherName, String query, String queryType)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Any idea? Thanks, M

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 20, 2018 @ 08:42
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Can you post the full stack trace of the error. When do you get this error? The code you use to do the search might be helpful to post as well.

• John Moss 14 posts 94 karma points
    Jun 25, 2018 @ 18:34
    John Moss

Michele, did you ever resolve this indexClosed issue?

We upgraded an Umbraco 7.5.8 site in April to 7.9, and ever since releasing the upgraded site, we have also been constantly seeing indexReader is already closed errors. Search results will be intermittent while seeing that error.

We perform an app pool recycle and rebuild the index, and then it will work again for a period of time. After a period of days or a server reboot, the indexClosed errors come back.

• Remko 118 posts 283 karma points
    Sep 08, 2018 @ 16:44
    Remko

Also wondering what the solution could be ... Anyone got lucky in solving this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft