Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Wilson 9 posts 130 karma points
    Feb 01, 2018 @ 10:31
    Sebastian Wilson

localhost unable to install packages

I am running umbraco locally on my Windows 10 machine I have tried to install packages such as Articulate but when I press Install package it just redirects me back to the packages page. I have also tried to install from a local file by clicking "Install Local" and dragging the file in and this redirects be back to the packages page without installing.

I have tried the latest version of umbraco 7.7 and also installed 7.5 and still getting the same results.

My Visual Studio is 2015 and my database is MS SQL 2014

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Feb 02, 2018 @ 15:31
    Sven Geusens

Hey Sebastian, welcome to Umbraco!

What browser are you using, have you tried a different one? Could you check the logs in websiteroot/App_Data/Logs to see if anything shows up around the time you try to install a package?

Feb 12, 2018 @ 11:21
    Sebastian Wilson

Hi Thanks for taking the time to reply I have posted the answer I figured out

Feb 12, 2018 @ 11:14
    Sebastian Wilson

I have found that I can install the packages on another computer. I believe it to be the network I am on at work is the course of the issue. I worked on a computer that had more privileges and it worked. It might have been because not be able to write to a particular location.

I know in IIS I have to give security permissions to user IIS_IUSERS in the website folder. In order to get the website working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft