Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adriano Fabri 459 posts 1602 karma points
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 13:49
    Adriano Fabri

Nuget: How to create Umbraco Document Types or Templates or nodes during installation?

Hi, I already have a .nuspec file that install the package by copying files in Umbraco project dir.

But now I added a new feature that needs to create one document type, one template and two nodes during install.

How can I do that? I can change only the .nuspec file (how?) or I need to do something else (what?).

Thank you for the support

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 14:28
    Nik

Hi Adriano,

I don't believe you actually can, not directly anyway. However I would advise having a look at the Articulate git hub repository. Shannon provides articulate through a nuget package as well as an Umbraco package. The Nuget package provides a post install screen in the back office where you can "initialise" articulate which, as I understand it, creates the doc types and nodes etc.

Might point you in the right direction :-)

Nik

Feb 21, 2018 @ 14:37
    Adriano Fabri

Thank you Nik. If I can not do it, I think I'll create my custom action so the users can create them from my package.

• Phil Atkinson 51 posts 244 karma points
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 08:46
    Phil Atkinson

for the doc types and nodes (which is just data) you can use a custom umbraco db migration to do this. templates need to be deployed alongside your install

Feb 27, 2018 @ 08:33
    Adriano Fabri

Thank you Phil

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft