Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michaela 8 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 07:30
    Michaela

Umbracon ConnectionString in AWS Beanstalk

Hi!

I'm currently working on a project where we plan to host Umbraco as a CMS in Amazon Beanstalk. We're planing on scripting the environment to be able to scale it, and it would be both comfortable and secure to not have the connectionstring to the Umbraco database in the web.config, but instead within the environment variables.

I had a look at this yesterday and I've found ways to programmatically change the web.config file, but this isn't something I'd really like to do., and in OnApplicationStart seems to be to late.

So, my question is if anyone of you know how I can manipulate how Umbraco reads the connectionstring?

• Phil Atkinson 51 posts 244 karma points
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 08:34
    Phil Atkinson

We do this by using our deployment tool (octopus deploy) and it injects the connection string per environment into the web.config so no extra code is needed.

• Michaela 8 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 08:42
    Michaela

This would be an amazing way of doing things, if we had access to the customers build environment :) This is how we usually do it as well. The customer already has their own pipe up sadly, so we don't have the same possibilities.

The solution if I can't get this to work will be to write a script that does the transformation on deploy instead. Thanks for the answer though!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft