Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Asembli 81 posts 255 karma points
    Mar 04, 2018 @ 22:51
    Asembli

Hi,

Maybe somebody can help me with following scenario. I’m fairly new with Umbraco (scratching the surface :)), but like the concept very much. Inside Umbraco I would like to have custom catalogue, but not with fields of simple types (string, bool, date, etc) but of DataTypes (NestedContent, pickers, etc). I spent few days first, to search for existing solution, but without success.

For better understanding here is he story - let say that we have site for tourist resort: Beside regular content tree (Home, About Us, Contact, etc) we would like to have catalogue of hotels. Each hotel has number of packages (for New Year, Valentine’s day, Halloween, etc) - so one-to-many relation to hotels. Also each hotel has number of services (swimming pool, sauna, golf course, etc) - another one-to-many relation to hotels. Also many hotels can share the same package or the same service (I’ll override prices or dates inside each hotel) All of them: hotels, packages and services are complex data types (descriptions, prices, dates, galleries, etc)

Two concepts are near solution but not ideal (here we are talking about backend - for editors):

1. To create ‘catalogues’ (hotels, packages, service) inside content tree as ListViews, connected to each other with ContentPickers. This will be far the best solution but ListViews lack of search and filter capabilities. I can add custom fields in ListView but I can’t search neither filter thru added fields. For example, editor would like to know which hotel has sauna or package for Valentine’s day.

2. To create custom catalogues using Fluidity (or UI-O-Matic) and provide custom relations and queries. But here I would like to have fields from DataTypes or DocumentTypes (as a template for entering data). I don’t really need content versioning, published/unpublished flag and caching, just to open and save data.

So if anybody has solution or guidelines either for first or second solution inside Umbraco, I’ll be very grateful.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft