Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erik Engstrand 9 posts 80 karma points
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 17:36
    Erik Engstrand

Exception in DateTimeParse.Parse and XmlPublishedCache sometimes

We have a strange problem in our Umbraco 7.7.8. Sometimes users get this exception. When reloading the page the error can be gone just after seconds. We have thousands of visitors each day and just a few requests gets this error.

I think it has to do with media and getting property value from it.

Does anyone know the cause of this problem?

Stack trace:    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.DictionaryPublishedContent.ParseDateTimeValue(String val)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.DictionaryPublishedContent.<.ctor>b__1_15(String val)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.DictionaryPublishedContent.ValidateAndSetProperty(IDictionary`2 valueDictionary, Action`1 setProperty, String[] potentialKeys)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.DictionaryPublishedContent..ctor(IDictionary`2 valueDictionary, Func`2 getParent, Func`3 getChildren, Func`3 getProperty, XPathNavigator nav, Boolean fromExamine)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.CreateFromCacheValues(CacheValues cacheValues)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetUmbracoMedia(Int32 id)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetById(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, Int32 nodeId)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.ContextualPublishedCache`1.GetById(Boolean preview, Int32 contentId)
       at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.TypedMediaForObject(Object id)
       at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.TypedMedia(Object id)
       at Our.Umbraco.PropertyConverters.MediaPickerPropertyConverter.ConvertSourceToObject(PublishedPropertyType propertyType, Object source, Boolean preview)
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedProperty.get_Value()
       at Umbraco.Web.PublishedPropertyExtension.GetValue[T](IPublishedProperty property, Boolean withDefaultValue, T defaultValue)

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    Mar 23, 2018 @ 22:01
    Zac

Is this on a load balanced server?

We've experienced this issue in 2 cases:

1. On either a single server or load balanced server: The ExamineIndexes and/or umbraco.config file aren't properly updated on a server. Stopping the app pool, deleting these files and rebuilding the ExamineIndexes from the developer dashboard resolve this issue.

2. If load balanced, one of the servers may have out of sync Examine or umbraco.config data.

Lastly, I'd advise adding url logging to your log4net config file. This will allow you to see which page(s) is generating the issue and will allow you to better investigate it.

Mar 24, 2018 @ 18:57
    Erik Engstrand

Thanks. It is not load balanced and hosted on Azure.

What do you mean by "deleting thos files"? Do you mean deleting all files in App_Data?

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    Mar 26, 2018 @ 18:09
    Zac

You can delete all of the files in AppData, but I'd suggest just deleting or renaming the ExamineIndexes folder and umbraco.config (both in AppData).

Apr 03, 2018 @ 10:32
    Erik Engstrand

I have now renamed the ExaminIndexes directory and umbraco.config. Also rebuilt the indexes from developer dashboard.

Let's see if it helps. Have to wait some days because the exceptions happens occasionally.

• Morten Fredsgaard Pedersen 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 15, 2019 @ 05:28
    Morten Fredsgaard Pedersen

I've experienced the same error with the exact same Stack trace. And it turned out that it was a Examine related problem.

After removing my examine index folders, the exception disappered from the log.

So this post indeed helped me resolving my issue. Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft