Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pranjal 75 posts 188 karma points
    Mar 24, 2018 @ 07:29
    pranjal

Umbraco Caching & Security

Can anyone explain me as i am working on a site which is to be implemented in Umbraco 7. And client's main concern is top security

So anyone explain is we can rely on Umbraco Security

also please explain Umbraco Caching ( Is there any problems regarding caching or not )

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Mar 24, 2018 @ 08:08
    Søren Gregersen

That’s a very Broadway question. What are your concerns?

The cache used in umbraco are the normal memory-caches used by asp.net.

Securitywise you should be more worried about hosting, than stuff like caching.

Mar 24, 2018 @ 11:46
    pranjal

@Søren Gregersen

Ya i know i have to worry about Umbraco Hosting

but currently i am little bit confuse regarding caching as Umbraco uses Memory and File caching

so we face any problems after Umbraco site host related to caching

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 24, 2018 @ 11:01
    Kevin Jump

Hi

If you need some information on how the Umbraco Team maintain the security of the Umbraco product suite there is this page on the umbraco.com site:

https://umbraco.com/products/umbraco-cms/security/

Caching is a big thing & there are lots of different things being done to make your Umbraco site and the editor experience as quick as possible, but these do not impact on the security of the system. Caching isn't about to make you site vulnerable.

There are things you will need to consider if you are building a site where your visitors login, create accounts and get content that is only intended for them. Again Umbraco has all the functionality to do this securely - but you do have to be aware of this when developing your site.

Mar 24, 2018 @ 11:40
    pranjal

Hey @kevin

"Again Umbraco has all the functionality to do this securely - but you do have to be aware of this when developing your site."

Can You please Elaborate this -> which functionality mainly you are talking about doing securely????????????

For login - i use Membership & .Net Identity For Password Reseting - I Use AES encryption Decryption

( I am mainly Concerned About URL Redirect & Hosting can you suggest ????)

(Increase to this i Disable Backoffice Url also )

(Any other security concern left?????????????)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft