Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ranjit J. Vaity 66 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 30, 2018 @ 12:18
    Ranjit J. Vaity

Intercepting all media requests for authentication and authorization

Hello Community,

Greetings! :)

My currently project requires us to make selected media items under authentication and authoirization as to match Umbraco membership group access as in content section.

I did look in to following URL: https://martincarlsen.com/securing-media-files-in-umbraco/

This guides us to create a route for "/media/" to a controller and processing a request but this is only called when file link is clicked, ie Click here .

This works well in case of pdf, xls, doc, etc but not for jpg, png but does not match our requirements.

This is what we are targeting to having a MemberGroup picker on File, Folder and Image MediaType. Once we select a group(s) on the media or media folder, every children will be considered as restricted and should be only allowed to that MemberGroup.

I tried writing IHttpModule to process all request (on loading the DOM) but only intercepts the main request and couple of other that include ping.aspx, etc

I am trying to find a way a intercept all requests for images(jpg, png, etc) and documents(pdf and ms office) that comes from media section i.e. ("/media/").

I understand there are couple of paid packages like MediaProtect. But it would be a great to implement this feature on my own. Of course with some help from community.

Please advice!

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Ranjit J. Vaity

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 06, 2018 @ 09:31
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Ranjit,

I would suggest using Media Protect : https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/media-protect/

Building something like that will require a lot of time.

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft