Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aziz Khakulov 9 posts 79 karma points
    Apr 20, 2018 @ 11:39
    Aziz Khakulov

Convert Media Picker property to Image Cropper

In an existing project, we have some pages with Media Picker properties and there is already a lot of content on the website. The customer now wants to be able to control how the images are displayed and make use of Image Cropper. I have tested to change the type from Media Picker to Image Cropper but this seems to remove the content (I see an empty space instead of the value): enter image description here

If I create a new page then it works ok. enter image description here Is it possible to convert Media Picker properties to Image Cropper without losing the values?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 02, 2018 @ 09:07
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Aziz

Did you solve this problem? It would be great if you share with our community how to do it.

Thanks,

Alex

• Sjors Pals 617 posts 270 karma points
    Jan 13, 2020 @ 15:22
    Sjors Pals

I am also interested in a solution for this, currently I think I will go for an azure function, but if there is an Umbraco solution it would be nice.

• Bo Jacobsen 590 posts 2366 karma points
    Jan 13, 2020 @ 16:06
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi Aziz.

What if you make your media image umbracoFile property to a Image Cropper?

Then you can still use your Media Picker. Because if you convert your Media Picker to a Image Cropper, then the editor have to upload a new image each time they have to use the Image Cropper property. But if you change it on the media image umbracoFile property, they can reuse the same image from the medialibrary.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft