Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Apr 20, 2018 @ 21:23
    Brett Spencer

How to get rid of “home” in the url? (Mydomain.com/home/)

How to get rid of “home” in the url? (Mydomain.com/home/)

Architecture: (All [WebRoot] types are redirected to the first [Home] type.) v7.6.3

enter image description here

enter image description here

Web.config settings:

<add key="umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath" value="true" />
      <add key="umbracoUseDirectoryUrls" value="true" />

I’ve added Url Rewrite to server and can take out trailing slashes. I tried taking out “home” from the url but I get a redirect loop because of the umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath setting and redirect. I am route Hijacking. The WebRoot Controller is not called with the above config. I am using Models.Builder in VS. Here is the Index Action of the Home Controller:

public override ActionResult Index(RenderModel umbracoModel)
    {
        var model = new Home(umbracoModel.Content);
        return CurrentTemplate(model); 
    }

What do I do?

Note – I need the flexibility to scale BR, CA, etc. into multiple languages in the future…

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 21, 2018 @ 18:54
    Nik

Hi Brett,

Okay, so there are a couple of things you can do, but first, you said that you've added a URL rewrite to remove the trailing slashes. There is a setting in UmbracoSettings.config that determines if the trailing / should be added which can be found here.

With regards to getting rid of the home URL, if you add a content picker property to your WebRoot node for each language, and make sure it has the alias: umbracoInternalRedirectId it will perform an internal redirect so the URL without home will load the home node. More info

Hopefully that helps ?

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft