Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sven Vervloet 10 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 26, 2018 @ 06:43
    Sven Vervloet

Access dynamic prevalues (NuPickers - XPath)

Hi.

We have a custom portal website with a lot of data, that we are porting to Umbraco through Chauffeur. I have a dropdown datatype (NuPicker XML Dropdown), so that the prevalues are filled with content from a node (ex. list of companies).

During the import procedure (through code), I must have access to the existing prevalues to be able to select the right one. I can do that with a regular dropdown, but during import the prevalues for the NuPickers dropdown do not exist yet (XPath expression). I can only access them through the Umbraco backoffice.

I know how to fill the dropdown with values through code, but in this case that is not an option. We need to keep the data for the dropdown dynamic. If a new company is added, this has to be available in the dropdown.

Does anybody know of a way to do that?

Relations (editor) might be an option, but in this case the relation must be set on nested content. We are using one of latest Umbraco versions (7.10.x).

• Sven Vervloet 10 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 27, 2018 @ 10:33
    Sven Vervloet

Nevermind the question. We decided not to use it in this way. In this particular case, the relation doesn't have to be bidirectional.

A mutlinode treepicker will do the trick.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft