Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• helder 3 posts 73 karma points
    May 16, 2018 @ 12:09
    helder

Login Authentication with Active Directory, on Intranet, without Azure

*Active Diretory Login Issue : It seams that umbraco isn't ready, or is impossible to build a login system with active diretory. Front end, or back end. I've done all tutorials, examples, made some personal code and nothing seems to work. *

if anyone have any solution for umbraco version 7, please just show me how.

i've seen this project in github https://github.com/Shazwazza/UmbracoIdentity/wiki

i've installed the umbraco identity nuget package ...etc.

Install-Package UmbracoIdentity

It's impossible? Does anyone accomplished this achievement?

• Phil Atkinson 51 posts 244 karma points
    May 16, 2018 @ 20:58
    Phil Atkinson

we have our backoffice authenticating with our company active directory. we created our own UmbracoMembershipProvider along with the BackofficeMembershipProviderCustomOwinStartup and the ActiveDirectoryBackOfficeUserPasswordChecker from umbraco core.

This works locally over the Lan as well as in AWS, we don't use azure.

• helder 3 posts 73 karma points
    May 17, 2018 @ 15:10
    helder

Thank you Phill. You redirect me to a new search. And i've accomplish something. Dont remember everything that i've done, but is running by Active diretory in the backoffice . Now i'm going to build a new and clean project because i have many garbage in this one. Also i wana say right now that the main link is this https://github.com/Bitmapped/UmbBackofficeMembershipProvider

and something is missing

<membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider">
              <providers>
                <add
                   name="BackofficeMembershipProvider"
                   type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, 
    ...( the rest of code ...) 

it must add the name of the dedaultProvider

<membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear/>
    <!-- include this next line -->
                <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="UmbracoIdentity.IdentityEnabledMembersMembershipProvider, UmbracoIdentity" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="10" useLegacyEncoding="false" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="Hashed" allowManuallyChangingPassword="false"/>
                <add name="BackofficeMembershipProvider" ....( the rest is the same ...>...

with this, my next goal is to make the login in front office with the active directory. But we are closer to the objective.

• Phil Atkinson 51 posts 244 karma points
    May 18, 2018 @ 19:07
    Phil Atkinson

I'm glad you got something working

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft