Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 10 posts 100 karma points
    May 17, 2018 @ 09:42
    Chris

Multinode Tree Picker slow with a lot of nodes (Umbraco 7.7.4)

Hey,

I have several multinode tree pickers (Umbraco.MultiNodeTreePicker2) that we use to pick taxonomy for article pages. I'm seeing some painful performance when a lot of nodes are picked.

Here is the code (using Models Builder):

var s = new Stopwatch();
                s.Start();

var tmp = CurrentPage.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("countries").ToArray();
                LogHelper.Info<GoogleTagManagerController>($"Countries: {s.ElapsedTicks}t {s.ElapsedMilliseconds}ms");

var tmp2 = CurrentPage.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("focusAreas").ToArray();
                LogHelper.Info<GoogleTagManagerController>($"Focus Areas: {s.ElapsedTicks}t {s.ElapsedMilliseconds}ms");

var tmp3 = CurrentPage.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("services").ToArray();
                LogHelper.Info<GoogleTagManagerController>($"Services: {s.ElapsedTicks}t {s.ElapsedMilliseconds}ms");

This is what I'm seeing in the log:

Countries: 53152t 20ms (1 node picked)
    Focus Areas: 54037t 21ms (0 nodes picked)
    Services: 2198790t 868ms (43 nodes picked)

Does anyone have any ideas why it might take three quarters of a second to fetch 43 pages from a picker?

Cheers Chris

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 17, 2018 @ 09:50
    Dan Diplo

Sounds like you might be hitting this issue - Performance of UmbracoHelper TypedContent is real slow with guids / udis

This was fixed in v7.10.0 - so you're best bet is to upgrade to the latest version.

• Chris 10 posts 100 karma points
    May 17, 2018 @ 17:25
    Chris

That makes total sense. Thanks! I'll try an upgrade as soon as I can.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft