Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mohsen 10 posts 80 karma points
    May 17, 2018 @ 11:17
    Mohsen

Umbraco Accessibility checker?

Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone knew of an app/plugin that could be installed in Umbraco that would allow CMS users who are adding new pages or editing pages to check the accessibility info of a page before they publish the changes?

I found this: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/auros-public-sector-packages/

But it seems quite old.

Thanks!

• Mohsen 10 posts 80 karma points
    May 21, 2018 @ 08:09
    Mohsen

Bump!

• Harriet Lawrie 7 posts 78 karma points
    May 28, 2018 @ 16:35
    Harriet Lawrie

I am currently building an accessible website and I have designed it so that it is hard to make the page inaccessible, I have built accessibility into all the templates and macros so people adding content would struggle to avoid it.

I guess they could always run the page through a 3rd party checker, there are lots of websites that do this, or they could use the audit tab built into google chrome.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 28, 2018 @ 20:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there

Don't know if the SiteImprove package could be what you're after? I have not tried it myself yet so don't know exactly how it works but it seems that you will of course need to have access to SiteImprove as well so maybe it's a no go...? https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/siteimprove/

/Jan

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    May 29, 2018 @ 00:48
    Nathan Woulfe

We use SiteImprove as a third-party service, so no integration with Umbraco at present. From an accessibility POV, it's pretty thorough and probably worth investigating.

Not sure what it costs though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft