Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bunnynut 136 posts 318 karma points
    May 27, 2018 @ 13:50
    Bunnynut

Unable to give access to custom section in Umbraco 7.10

I'm using Umbraco 7.10 and trying to add a custom section by following the documentation here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Extending/Section-Trees/sections

I have added entries to the applications.config, tree.config and some translations.

When I log in as administrator the custom section doesnt show up. When I try to give the administrator access to the new section I am unable to even edit the profile.

I tried to create a new user and give that user access to the section but I can only add the user to a new groups and set the start nodes. I don't have the option to edit the administrator and add the section there. I am probably looking with my nose or something.

• jf 8 posts 103 karma points c-trib
    May 27, 2018 @ 15:50
    jf

I think these are the steps you need to do...

Open the Groups section from the Users screen. The button is at the top right hand side.

Get to the groups screen

Then click the Administrators group, from the next screen you can edit the sections available to that group.

Edit the sections

Hope this helps, I was looking at version 7.9.2 so maybe it changed in 7.10!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 27, 2018 @ 16:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bunnynut

I just realizes that JF have responded above but I just finished a video that show me giving the Administrator access to a new "Database" table, which I setup using the awesome Fluidity package btw.

You can see how I did it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huZCyl3-y9s - When you click the "Add" button then your custom section should appear and be selectable. Once it's been selected and saved on the group then refresh the browser window to make the section appear on the menu to the left.

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Jan

• Bunnynut 136 posts 318 karma points
    May 27, 2018 @ 18:26
    Bunnynut

Hi JF and Jan,

Thanks for your answers, that was indeed what I was looking for.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft