Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Olly Fray 11 posts 91 karma points
    May 31, 2018 @ 12:45
    Olly Fray

The view was not created with dynamic hostnames

Hey everyone, I'll try and explain this as best I can.

I have an Umbraco installation with membership. In a member's account, they can add a subdomain from their own website (just a text field).

With that subdomain I will be programmatically creating a site in IIS with the correct bindings, programmatically setting the hostname on the member's content node and then directing them to update their domain's DNS with the CNAME.

In theory, this all sounds like it'll work a treat, but in practice, whenever a hostname is added to a node I am getting:

The View found at '~/Views/Site.cshtml' was not created

I know this can be fixed by updating the model builder manually but in practice I need all this to be automated.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 01, 2018 @ 07:38
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Olly,

When you say create a IIS website. Do you mean a new IIS website pointing to the same Umbraco install ?

Because that is not supported.

You should have only one Application Pool and one IIS website per Umbraco install.

Dave

• Olly Fray 11 posts 91 karma points
    Jun 03, 2018 @ 08:19
    Olly Fray

Hi Dave

Thanks for your response.

If that is the case, then how does the hostname feature work in Umbraco? Surely you have to point the new hostname to correct place in IIS and let Umbraco do it's thing from there?

It appears to be a problem with the PureLive model builder as when I change it to "Dll" in web.config the setup above works as I expect it to.

However, if my setup is wrong, I'd rather do it the correct way. Interested in hearing from you again.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft