Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Davis 110 posts 376 karma points
    Jun 01, 2018 @ 14:34
    Graham Davis

Plugin Development with route for html.partial

I am developing a plugin in Version 7. How do I configure Umbraco so that this:

@Html.Partial("~/App_Plugins/SiteData/Views/Shared/_dbButtons.cshtml")

can be shortened to this:

@Html.Partial("_dbButtons")

• Marc Goodson 2126 posts 14217 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 01, 2018 @ 23:36
    Marc Goodson

Hi Graham

In MVC you can add new locations for searching for Views, by creating a new ViewEngine...

... that said...

Umbraco already has a PluginViewEngine

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/7ee510ed386495120666a78c61497f58ff05de8f/src/Umbraco.Web/Mvc/PluginViewEngine.cs

which looks like to me is already searching in the location you are describing:

AreaPartialViewLocationFormats = new[]
                {
                    //will be used when we have partial view and child action macros
                    string.Concat(SystemDirectories.AppPlugins, "/{2}/Views/Partials/{0}.cshtml"),
                    string.Concat(SystemDirectories.AppPlugins, "/{2}/Views/Partials/{0}.vbhtml"),
                    string.Concat(SystemDirectories.AppPlugins, "/{2}/Views/MacroPartials/{0}.cshtml"),
                    string.Concat(SystemDirectories.AppPlugins, "/{2}/Views/MacroPartials/{0}.vbhtml"),                    
                    //for partials                    
                    string.Concat(SystemDirectories.AppPlugins, "/{2}/Views/{1}/{0}.cshtml"),
                    string.Concat(SystemDirectories.AppPlugins, "/{2}/Views/{1}/{0}.vbhtml"),
                    string.Concat(SystemDirectories.AppPlugins, "/{2}/Views/Shared/{0}.cshtml"),
                    string.Concat(SystemDirectories.AppPlugins, "/{2}/Views/Shared/{0}.vbhtml")
                };

so I'd expect your shortened version to work...

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft