Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• charlie black 33 posts 106 karma points
    Jun 20, 2018 @ 21:57
    charlie black

will UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure. work with umbraco 6.1.6

Has anyone actually set up umbraco 6.1.6 with the custom file system provider, UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure?

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 21, 2018 @ 09:03
    Jeavon Leopold

The minimum version of Umbraco for the current package release is v7.1. However until v0.5.2 we did support Umbraco v6 as well as v7.

I think it should be possible for you to create a custom build for v6 but you are going to have issues with dependency conflicts between WindowsAzure.Storage and Umbraco v6 that may be tricky to resolve.

Jun 21, 2018 @ 23:49
    charlie black

You mean get the UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure project from github? I would need the source for umbraco?

We are using umbraco 6.1.6, so wouldn't I need to modify the UmbracoFileSystemProvider.Azure solution by uinstalling the 7.1.9 UmbracoCms.Core package and installing the 6.1.6 UmbracoCms.Core? There would probably be other packages that would need adjustment too, right?

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 22, 2018 @ 09:00
    Jeavon Leopold

Yes you would have to get it from GitHub and compile it against the v6 binaries otherwise it's not going to run. If I remember correctly NewtonSoft.Json is going to be a problem dependency

Jun 22, 2018 @ 15:24
    charlie black

I really appreciate the help. While I have you "on the line" I thought I would take a chance and ask one more question - indirectly related. We deploy our application to a "dev" , QA, and production environments using TFS and custom build scripts. The umbraco databases in dev, QA, and production are all slightly different and we want it that way.

So is there a SIMPLE way to deploy umbraco with the custom file service provider? Or will we have to do a manual step where we go into each environment and log into the backoffice - Developer section and install it.

Is is possible to just put the dll in the bin folder and add the configuration to the FileSystemProvider.config (in the config folder)?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft