Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• L P 13 posts 123 karma points
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 14:51
    L P

Umbraco 2FA - "Could not verify code"

Hi, I have a problem with the Umbraco 2FA Package! I'm currently working on Umbraco version 7.7.4 and the 2FA is working only on the built-in administrator!

Can someone help me?

In the console the first error is 402 Payment Required (umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin) and then 400 Bad Request (umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostVerify2FACode)! I have read in another posted question that 402 is expected to be displayed! But what about the other? It is not allowing me to log in!

I have updated the web.config in the appSettings section with those line:

<add key="owin:AutomaticAppStartup" value="true" />
    <add key="owin:appStartup" value="FortressOwinStartup" />

Because it is not working with the default startup!

For the Membership Provider I have update those lines in the configuration:

UmbracoMembershipProvider -> minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="10" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="Hashed" allowManuallyChangingPassword="false" 

Is there some kind of a limit on the number of user to use the 2FA? Because as I wrote this is working only on the built-in administrator and not for any other user created!

• L P 13 posts 123 karma points
    Jul 10, 2018 @ 10:23
    L P

I tested it on a newer version and it seems like it fixed after version 7.8!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft