Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave 15 posts 89 karma points
    Jul 04, 2018 @ 19:41
    Dave

Merchello - Refer a Friend functionality

Hey Folks,

A client has asked me for "Refer a Friend" functionality which provides a discount.

So, in the unlikely even you have not seen this, if you are a customer of a website they give you a code which you can send to your friends and in return they and/or you get free stuff.

I couldn't see a way to do this in Merchello without digging into the guts of Merchello.

Has anyone set this up before? Any advice?

Cheers, Dave

• MM 29 posts 125 karma points
    Jul 05, 2018 @ 08:44
    MM

This sounds doable - you'd need to set a custom voucher rule so the customer sending the code can't use it themselves, but otherwise you can generate a code (with the appropriate rules like one time use and for non-anonymous customers) on registration using the same methods as Merchello.

Unfortunately, as you say, this requires digging around in Merchello - but if you want to do anything this bespoke it's pretty much a requirement as the documentation isn't very thorough.

I've done something similar in setting custom codes up upon the purchase of gift vouchers - there were dependency issues on calling the voucher creation codes, but this was so long ago I can't remember 100% exactly what they were.

• Dave 15 posts 89 karma points
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 08:19
    Dave

Thanks Matthew

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft