Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Jul 06, 2018 @ 21:37
    ssougnez

Add block in the info tab of a document

Hello,

I would like to add a block in the "info" tab of a document. How could I achieve this?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 07, 2018 @ 07:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ssougnezc

This is no longer possible. With the renaming of the old "Properties" tab to "Info" it has also been made "Umbraco-only". So it's no longer possible to add custom properties to this tab if that is what you had in mind?

If not what kind of content/info/block would you like to add there?

/Jan

Jul 07, 2018 @ 08:09
    ssougnez

You understood my question correctly. To bad it has been locked.. I’ll use a tree menu item then :-)

Thanks

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Jul 07, 2018 @ 18:57
    Biagio Paruolo

You can create a new tab and then add your information to it.

Jul 09, 2018 @ 20:11
    ssougnez

How would I add a tab in there? I know how to create dashboard but I don't know how to create a tab there.

Jul 09, 2018 @ 20:35
    Jan Skovgaard

I think Biagio mean that instead of adding properties to the info tab you can create a new tab and add them there. But I suppose that is what you're already going to be doing? :)

/Jan

Jul 09, 2018 @ 20:38
    ssougnez

Well, actually, what I did is use the TreeControllerBase to add an item in the action menu for the item i want and I’ll display the info I want in there.

However it would be even better to add a tab next to the info one but I don’t know how to do so :-$

Jul 09, 2018 @ 20:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Ok, so to be clear - Adding a tab can mean two things in this scenario.

1: Adding a new tab on a document type as usual, which is most likely not what you intend to do I suppose?

2: It can also mean adding a tab to the view of the "Info" tab like below the "Links", "History", "Scheduled Publishing" or "General" tabs/sections in the view?

In case number 2 you might actually be able to do this using $injectors - I don't have much experience doing this myself but perhaps Matt Brailsford and Dave Woestenborghs articles can get you going? I know that Nathan Woulfe has shown some examples around this forum too and I hope he will chime in if he sees this post since I can't remember where I've seen it currently :)

Dave's article: https://skrift.io/articles/archive/changing-backoffice-functionality-without-changing-core-code/

Matt's article: https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2015/umbraco-7-back-office-tweaks/

I hope this helps and that I have understood what you mean by adding tabs correctly :)

/Jan

Jul 09, 2018 @ 20:53
    ssougnez

Hehe I might not be clear :-$

Here is the thing: I created a document type called « reusable content » that had a simple « body » property. Then I created a macro with a « content picker editor ». The idea is to be able to insert this macro in a rich text editor and select a « reusable content » document to display its « body » property in the rte.

Now I would like to display all the location where a « reusable content » document is used. My first idea was to add this info in the « info » tab of « reusable content » documents but apparently it’s not possible. Therefore the idea is to add a new tab next to the info one where I could display the usage. So basically, I need to create a tab such as the info one but only for this specific document type.

I hope I’m clearer :-D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft