Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Gross 7 posts 97 karma points
    Jul 13, 2018 @ 15:52
    Matthew Gross

Simpily Forums have a forum that is only visable to a certain Member Group?

I've recently begun using Umbraco and Simply Forums to develop a forum page on our website. I am using Umbraco 7.11, using the Umbraco CMS from the NuGet package manager. I am using Simply Forums version 0.2.3 that I downloaded from https://our.umbraco.com/projects/collaboration/simpily-forums/

I want the forum to have certain threads that are only visible to Members who are part of a specific Member group, using the Simply Forums package. I know there is a property in Simply Forums that sets which Member Group can post in the forum, but I would like to know if there is a way to configure which Groups can see a thread at all.

I am wondering if it possible to add a property to the SimplilyForum Document Type to specify which Groups can view a forum? And if so, is there any additional changes I need to make to the other Umbraco components (i.e. templates, content pages, controllers, etc...) to support the new property?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 13, 2018 @ 16:39
    Kevin Jump

Hi

you can restrict the forum page using the inbuilt Umbraco Public Access settings (right click the node).

enter image description here

from here you can assign what groups can or can't see the page, so this will restrict the forum to the groups you pick in the dialog.

enter image description here

• Matthew Gross 7 posts 97 karma points
    Jul 13, 2018 @ 21:10
    Matthew Gross

Thank you Kevin, this was exactly what I was looking for!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft