Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Gross 7 posts 97 karma points
    Jul 16, 2018 @ 14:27
    Matthew Gross

Using Umbraco and ASP.NET web forms

This is a two part question

I am using Umbraco to redesign a website. One of the components of the website is a database tool designed with ASP.NET web forms. The database uses the same login and authentication as the main site, so Members who log in on the main site remained logged in as they browse to the database.

My first question is: Is Umbraco capable of integrating with ASP.NET, specifically the .NET web forms?

My second question, assuming that Umbraco can integrate, is if it is possible to use the Umbraco authentication inside of ASP.NET web forms?

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 16, 2018 @ 15:06
    Søren Gregersen

First: yes and no - there is nothing specific preventing you from having web forms in the same project, but you will not be able to share the (razor-)templates etc. This is the same for all webforms / MVC mashup sites.

Second: The umbraco membership provider should cover the login for your web form pages. It is just an implementation of the ASP.Net membership provider.

• Dimitris Chrysomallis 23 posts 137 karma points
    Nov 02, 2018 @ 11:28
    Dimitris Chrysomallis

Hi, We have the same problem with version 7.12.3. We are migrating a large project from version 4 to version 7.12.3.

We are just starting to copy masterpages and usercontrols from old codebase, and I just hit this error.

Also, in backoffice there is no obvious way to declare masterpages. It all goes into View folder.

The defaultRenderingEngine is set to WebForms.

Please advise. Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft