Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 01, 2018 @ 06:38
    Søren Gregersen

setup for package development

I’ve been looking a bit for inspiration on how to setup a project for developing an umbraco plugin. I’ve looked at the UMCO projects, that only seem to have a single project, with a “web” folder, but nothing on how a new build is tested.

I was thinking about making a sample project, with some copy action on build. How do you all do it?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 01, 2018 @ 10:49
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Probibly not 'super amazing' best practice but i have a umbraco solution and then an class with the package in it.

Examples:

Notes:

• Umbraco installed on the site
    • Umbraco.Core on the class library

• .gitignore file - skips most umbraco directories. https://github.com/KevinJump/Our.Umbraco.DocTypeLibrary/blob/master/.gitignore#L245

• Site has a reference for the class library (so it's copied on build)

• A gulp file in the root of the project to copy any files from app_plugins in the class library to the site. (means changes to html/js don't require site rebuild, way faster!) [you can also set this to run on project oppen in visual studio and never have to worry]

• I often install uSync (because why not!) - on the site, so it will can be pulled from the reposistory.

• nuget - depending on how complex the package might become, i often hand roll a nuget file, and have a build script to run nuget -pack. when i want to build it & push it to a VSTS package repo for testing

• There are complex gulp / package ways to build the package - (see uSync repo for the build step one) - but really way over the top for 90% of packages.

• Megha 10 posts 80 karma points notactivated
    Mar 06, 2024 @ 06:06
    Megha

Hello Kevin ,

I'm facing same problem like Søren ..can u please provide these steps or some reference document its very helpful to me... How can i add Site reference for the class library (so it's copied on build)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft