Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• cchehn 28 posts 69 karma points
    Aug 01, 2018 @ 19:51
    cchehn

Convert Cogworks.Meganav PropertyEditor to a GridEditor?

Has anyone tried and had any success adding a GridEditor for the Cogworks.Meganav Plugin? I am not up to speed on plugin development but I did figure out how to declare a new GridEditor aimed at the \views\editor.html I can now add the Meganav editor in the grid editor but then it blows up. The error seems to be scope related and coming from angular-ui-tree.js which I guess is a customized version of the ui-tree?
    The error is:

$scope.$parentNodesScope.$modelValue.indexOf is not a function on line 63 angular.min.js

I'm guessing this is related to another thread I read (but didn't completely understand): PropertyEditor as a GridEditor and mediapicker as a prevalue It mentions something about $scope.model vs $scope.control...

Can anyone point me in the right direction for additional reading and understanding?

So far the only modification I have made is to add the following to the package.maniufest

"gridEditors": [
        {
          "name": "Meganav",
          "alias": "MeganavGE",
          "view": "~/App_Plugins/Meganav/Views/editor.html",
          "icon": "icon-article"
        }
      ] 

This renders the editor but I guess it is all broken because of the scope errors. enter image description here

The Editor for each item even opens but on Submit you get the following error: "TypeError: Cannot create property 'id' on string '1 column layout'"

When you try to delete or drag to re-order a nav item it goes back to an indexOf error: TypeError: $scope.$modelValue.indexOf is not a function

When you try to create a new nav Item the error is: TypeError: $scope.items.push is not a function

Thanks in Advance!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 02, 2018 @ 08:04
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi ccheln,

The easiest way to re-use normal property editors in the grid is using a package like Doctype Grid Editor or Leblender

Dave

Aug 02, 2018 @ 12:10
    cchehn

Thanks for the info Dave. I'll check out Leblender since it seems like it might do what I need.

Aug 02, 2018 @ 12:28
    cchehn

Edit/Update: While those packages are great and make life much easier for many grid opperations, they don't quite accomplish what I needed. Using the Meganav Property in Leblender runs into what I think is the same scope problem as before. Only now it is obscured by a wrapper.

"Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'." Original: Thanks for the info Dave. I'll check out Leblender since it seems like it might do what I need.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft