Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Davis 110 posts 376 karma points
    Aug 04, 2018 @ 13:02
    Graham Davis

Editing App_Data files under settings?

I have a situation where the user needs the ability to add or modify 3rd party config files in XML and partial files in html. The application is for Real Estate and these files interact with data outside of Umbraco, namely the agent's MLS. These files are presently located in the App_Data Folder. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this? I am thinking that the logical place to do this is under Settings. I tried adding the files under Partial Views, but it filters out anything that doesn't meet the right extension. My other thought would be to add a node under settings for this?

Thanks!

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2018 @ 20:04
    David Brendel

Hi Graham,

yes you could create a custom tree under settings to edit your files. Then you have to create a view to edit the files.

Maybe have a look at this package as it displays all files in the config folder for editing them: https://github.com/leekelleher/umbraco-config-tree.

Regards David

• Graham Davis 110 posts 376 karma points
    Aug 08, 2018 @ 21:21
    Graham Davis

This is ALMOST exactly what I need, except I need to configure it to point to a different folder and load .XML and .HTML files without "config" in the file name.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft