Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 27 posts 127 karma points
    Aug 14, 2018 @ 12:52
    David

How to email a member group in Umbraco?

Hi all,

We have a blog and want to extend it so that users can sign up and receive email updates whenever a new blog post is created. Does anybody have any idea about how to do this with Umbraco Members?

Thanks,

David

• suman 30 posts 101 karma points
    Aug 14, 2018 @ 13:06
    suman

David,

Step 1: Create a member type in Umbraco back office with custom properties (FirstName, LastName, add etc...)

Step 2: Create a form for creating new members.

Step 3: Create a member group in Umbraco back office and assign the members.

Step 4: As soon as a blog created then raise the event and retrieve the relevant members based on member group.

Step 5: Send the email with the normal mailing functionality (You can attach members in BCC..)

Is this what you are expecting ..?

• David 27 posts 127 karma points
    Aug 14, 2018 @ 13:25
    David

Hi Suman,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this is what I want to do however it's step 4 and 5 that I'm not sure about. How would I go about raising the event and subsequently emailing the member group?

Thanks,

David

Aug 14, 2018 @ 13:55
    suman

Hi David,

May I know currently how you are maintaining blogs. Is this Umbraco package or else..?

Aug 14, 2018 @ 14:01
    suman

If it is umbraco, Then you go

Constructor:
    public PublishEventsToHub() { ContentService.Publishing += CustomPublishingEventHandler;
    //ContentService.Created += CustomCreatedEventHandler;
    } private void CustomPublishingEventHandler(IPublishingStrategy sender, PublishEventArgs

}

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft