Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin C. Halpin 27 posts 108 karma points
    Aug 14, 2018 @ 15:06
    Kevin C. Halpin

Lucene.Net.Store.AlreadyClosedException: this IndexReader is closed

Hi all,

When I add more content through CMS and then try to get that content through an API using Examine I sometimes get this exception: Lucene.Net.Store.AlreadyClosedException: this IndexReader is closed

I found this link https://github.com/Shazwazza/Examine/issues/23 and I also found that this is fixed in Lucene v3.0 but because of the breaking changes this fix is not compatible with Umbraco v7. I already tried rebuilding the index on publish and save events but that didn't help.

Here is my code:

var Searcher = ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection["ExternalSearcher"];
        var searchCriteria = Searcher.CreateSearchCriteria();
        var query = searchCriteria.Field("nodeTypeAlias", nodeTypeAlias);
        if (keyword != "")
        {
            query.And().GroupedOr(new string[] { "title", "description" }, keyword);
        }

if (categories != "")
        {
            query.And().GroupedOr(new string[] { "categories" }, categories.Split(','));
        }

if (tags != "")
        {
            query.And().GroupedOr(new string[] { "tags" }, tags.Split(','));
        }

return Searcher.Search(query.Compile());

So, is there some kind of workaround, maybe install older version of Lucene, add something to my code or should I just stop using Examine and do the filtering other way???

Aug 14, 2018 @ 15:08
    Kevin C. Halpin

Also I would like to add that when this happens I rebuild the indexes through the CMS (Developer -> Examine Manager) and everything works fine again. I just need to find a way to do this automatically

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Aug 14, 2018 @ 16:56
    Marcio Goularte

Hi, You can implement a recurring task based on that example of that link.

https://www.isaksen.org/2017/06/22/scheduled-task-in-umbraco-7/

I did something so where from hour to hour the examine is reindexed. Unfortunately I do not have the example here, but I can post it later

Aug 14, 2018 @ 19:07
    Kevin C. Halpin

Hi Marcio, thanks for the answer.

This is a solution yes, but still not enough. What If someone updates the content through CMS, the index breaks and I have to wait a whole hour for the index to be rebuild? That means that my website would be down all that time...

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Aug 15, 2018 @ 16:55
    Marcio Goularte

No. This solution is only a guarantee for you. Every time someone updates or publish in CMS, the index is updated or created

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft